Guided hike to Breiskrednosi - Wild VossAddress: 5747 Gudvangen Date: Thursday 19 sep 2019 - Thursday 10 Oct 2019 Show map
Address: 5747 Gudvangen
From Breiskrednosi, you get to experience the UNESCO-listed Nærøyfjord from a unique perspective, 1189 meters above the fjord.
Nærøyfjorden is one of the most spectacular fjords of western Norway. Snowy mountains loom high above this narrow strip of greenish blue water, shedding meltwater in cascades down the sheer cliffs. The unique natural scenery and cultural landscape has granted this region a well earned spot on the UNESCO list of World Heritage sites.
From Breiskrednosi, you get to experience this beautiful scenery from a unique perspective, 1189 meters above the fjord.
- Estimated total distance: 15 km.
- Total ascent: 1100 meters.
- Estimated total duration: 7-9 hours from car to car, including breaks.
- Trip grading: Strenous. A few steep sections. Some snow fields. Exposed to inclement weather.
- Family friendly: No. Not suitable for children under the age of 12.
- Meeting point: At the parking area near Breidalen, no later than 9 a.m.
- Transport service: Yes, but limited. Please ask us about a pick-up and transport service upon booking.
- Public transport service available: No.
After an hour’s drive from Voss, we’ve passed through the lovely Jordalen valley and reached the mountain farm called Breidalen. This is where we start our walk, following an unmarked path east towards the watershed above Nærøyfjorden. We gain altitude towards Vardane, then continue across Rimstigfjellet towards the increasingly prominent Breiskrednosi. From its top, we enjoy an unforgettable moment of airy exposure! After absorbing the magnificent view from Breiskrednosi, we head back towards Breidalen, retracing our own route.
Reasons to go:
This area is wild and secluded, home to a nomadic flock of reindeer. Grouse, eagles, foxes and other wildlife are frequently encountered. The peak of Breiskrednosi offers a unique view of Nærøyfjorden. Perfect if what you want is a challenging trip above the fjords with no crowds.
Season and availability:
Daily departures from June 15 to October 10.
During the busiest weeks of summer, we might not have available guides every day. Please don’t hesitate to send us an email if it looks like the trip is unavailable online. We’ll try to find a solution for you.
This trip is suitable for healthy, fit people with previous mountain hiking experience.
Necessary equipment on this hike:
- Sturdy hiking shoes or hiking boots.
- Waterproof clothing (shell layer).
- Small rucksack (20 litres).
- An extra t-shirt and a warm sweater.
- Beanie or knit cap and gloves.
- Sunglasses and sun lotion
- Some snacks or packed lunch and a water bottle.
- Trekking poles are recommended.
Prices and terms:
The price is NOK 1490 per person.
1-10 participants. Groups of more than five earn a 20 % group discount.
Included in the price:
- An experienced, multilingual guide during your trip.
- A light meal of locally crafted food, including hot drinks – prepared on a stove.
- All necessary safety equipment.
- Access to extra clothing and trekking poles free of charge.
- Transportation to the starting point and back to Voss, if needed.
Not included in the price:
- Transportation to Voss prior to the trip.
How to get to the starting point:
From Voss, follow E16 towards Gudvangen. After about 40 minutes (37 km) , exit left towards Jordalen (signs). From Gudvangen, follow E16 towards Voss for about 8 km. Exit right towards Jordalen (signs).
Immediately after exiting E16, go left. After 100m, turn right. Follow the new, winding tunnel up to Jordalen, and continue past the last farm (Nåsi). Follow the gravel road for 3.5 km, until you reach the mountain farm called Breidalen. Remember to pay road toll (50 NOK in cash) at the bridge. Approximately 1hr drive total, partially on a scenic route.
A note on responsible travel and sustainability:
Wild Voss make a continuous effort in reducing the ecological impact of our trips and activities. We aim to follow the latest GSTC criteria for sustainable travel. As a participant on one of our trips, you should know the following:
- We follow the Leave No Trace principles.
- We make use of zero-emission infrastructure whenever possible.
- Our trips are on foot, skis or snowshoes, causing no emissions and limiting the impact on nature and eco systems.
- Our guide will share knowledge about local culture, sites we visit and local customs.
- We support responsible local businesses.
- Your guide will advocate low-impact travel and raise the participants’ awareness of local wildlife.
- We abide by laws and regulations concerning travel in free nature and cultural landscape.
- We seek to minimize waste, and choose products and packaging with long life spans.
Book now - choose start date and product
About this activity
Prices from1490 NOK per person
Price informationAdult: 1490 NOK