Seakayaking course for beginners, Alversund - Vått og viltDate: Saturday 24 apr 2021 - Saturday 4 Sep 2021
Main goal: The participant is introduced to the kayak and the equipment. After completing the course, the participant has learned to use a kayak, oar, cover and vest through a simple practical exercise. In addition, the participant is familiar with simple safety routines and exercises, as well as how to effectively maneuver the kayak.
• Lift, carry, launch and enter the kayak
• Efficient forward paddling
• Rear paddle and stop.
• Lateral movement of the kayak.
• Low support ceiling.
• Steering roof (rear).
• Swivel (swivel roof and steering roof).
• Securing a kayak after disembarking
• Rescue techniques
• Injury prevention
• Planning a simple trip to be completed
• General safety and basic seamanship
• General information about outdoor life and the Right of Public Access
• "Leave no trace" travelling