Guided hike to KiellandbuDate: Sunday 16 jun 2019 - Sunday 29 Sep 2019
A beautiful hike to a small cabin with a spectacular fjord view!
We start at the carpark near Hodnaberg Powerplant, close to the lake called Hamlagrøvatnet. This means we are in the mountains right from the start. At first we follow a gravel road south, then onto a marked path that forks near Kvålsdalstjørni. We cross a sway bridge, then follow the path south through Hardingaskardet. A steep hill takes us up to Sveindalseggi, and on to Kiellandbu. Here we enjoy our lunch and marvel at the beautiful scenery.
On the return trip we either follow the same path back to Hodnaberg, or traverse Sveindalsnuten (1065) to enjoy the views. Maybe you might fancy a swim in a cool, clear mountain lake?
Reasons to go:
This place is a true gem. Easily accessible, no crowds, varied and authentic mountain scenery and an immensely beautiful view from Kiellandbu. Lovely rivers and mountain farms, with lovely mountain flowers accompanying us along the way.
Season and availability:
Trips are run weekly on Fridays and Sundays throughout summer. It is also possible to book this trip on a date that suits you better. Send us an email or call us for information about availability.
This trip is suitable for healthy people with basic hiking experience.
Sturdy hiking shoes or hiking boots, waterproof clothing (shell layer), small rucksack (20 litres), an extra shirt, an extra sweater, beanie or knit cap, sunglasses, sun lotion, snacks or packed lunch, water bottle. Trekking poles are recommended.
Prices and terms
The price is NOK 1190 per person. Bookings close 24 hours prior to the announced meeting times.
Included in the price:
- An experienced guide during your whole trip.
- A light meal of locally crafted food, including coffee or tea.
- All necessary safety equipment
Not included in the price:
- External transport services.
- Rental of ordinary hiking equipment.
Minimum group size:
2. Maximum group size: 10. We cater for larger groups on request. Please contact us for a customized experience.
- Estimated total distance: 12 km.
- Estimated total duration: 6 hours round trip, including breaks.
- Total ascent: 350 meters.
- Trip grading: Easy to moderate.
- Family friendly: Yes, suitable for kids aged 8 and above.
- Transport service: Yes, but limited. Please ask us about a pick-up and transport service upon booking. An additional cost of no less than NOK 150,- per person will apply.
- Public transport service available: No.