Guided hike to Breiskrednosi - Wild VossAddress: 5747 Gudvangen Date: Tuesday 23 jun 2020 - Thursday 15 Oct 2020 Show map
Address: 5747 Gudvangen
Nærøyfjorden is one of the most spectacular fjords of western Norway. Snowy mountains loom high above this narrow strip of greenish blue water, shedding meltwater in cascades down the sheer cliffs. The unique natural scenery and cultural landscape has granted this region a well earned spot on the UNESCO list of World Heritage sites. From Breiskrednosi, you get to experience this beautiful scenery from a unique perspective, 1189 meters above the fjord.
After an hour’s drive from Voss, we’ve passed through the lovely Jordalen valley and reached the mountain farm called Breidalen. This is where we start our walk, following an unmarked path east towards the watershed above Nærøyfjorden. We gain altitude towards Vardane, then continue across Rimstigfjellet towards the increasingly prominent Breiskrednosi. From its top, we enjoy an unforgettable moment of airy exposure! After absorbing the magnificent view from Breiskrednosi, we head back towards Breidalen, retracing our own route.
Reasons to go:
This area is wild and secluded, home to a nomadic flock of reindeer. Grouse, eagles, foxes and other wildlife are frequently encountered. The peak of Breiskrednosi offers a unique view of Nærøyfjorden. Perfect if what you want is a challenging trip above the fjords with no crowds.
Bookable by request between June 23 and October 15. Book this trip by sending us an email at [email protected]
During the busiest weeks of summer, we might not have available guides every day. We’ll still try to find a solution for you.
This trip is suitable for healthy, fit people with previous mountain hiking experience.
Necessary equipment on this hike:
- Sturdy hiking shoes or hiking boots.
- Waterproof clothing (shell layer).
- Small rucksack (20 litres).
- An extra t-shirt and a warm sweater.
- Beanie or knit cap and gloves.
- Sunglasses and sun lotion
- Some snacks or packed lunch and a water bottle.
- Trekking poles are recommended.
Prices and terms
The price is NOK 1890 per person.
Group sizes: 1-8 participants.
Included in the price:
- An experienced, multilingual guide during your trip.
- A light meal of locally crafted food, including hot drinks – prepared on a stove.
- All necessary safety equipment.
- Access to extra clothing and trekking poles free of charge.
- Transportation to the starting point and back to Voss, if needed.
Not included in the price:
- Transportation to Voss prior to the trip.
How to get to the starting point:
From Voss, follow E16 towards Gudvangen. After about 40 minutes (37 km) , exit left towards Jordalen (signs). From Gudvangen, follow E16 towards Voss for about 8 km. Exit right towards Jordalen (signs).
Immediately after exiting E16, go left. After 100m, turn right. Follow the new, winding tunnel up to Jordalen, and continue past the last farm (Nåsi). Follow the gravel road for 3.5 km, until you reach the mountain farm called Breidalen. Remember to pay road toll (50 NOK in cash) at the bridge. Approximately 1hr drive total, partially on a scenic route.
- Estimated total distance: 16 km.
- Total ascent: 1100 meters.
- Estimated total duration: 7-9 hours from car to car, including breaks.
- Trip grading: Strenous. A few steep sections. Some snow fields. Exposed to inclement weather.
- Family friendly: No. Not suitable for children under the age of 12.
- Meeting point: At the parking area near Breidalen, no later than 9 a.m.
- Transport service: Yes, but limited. Please ask us about a pick-up and transport service upon booking.
- Public transport service available: No.
Book now - choose start date and product
About this activity
Prices from1890 NOK per person
Price informationAdult: 1890 NOK